No Subject

You wrote:
>This is a very stupid question, and surely a FAQ, but I can't find the
>damned thing (O2 sensor) in my non-cat '88 Alfa Romeo 75 2.0
TwinSpark...

>The general sense is confused:

>1. No catalytical converter -> no place to screw in the O2 sensor
Well, on my -90 the O2 is screwed in before the cat approx. under the
gas pedal.

>2. Engine management is Motronic ML 4.1 -> operates Ok without O2
sensor ?
Don't know for sure, but I think the ML 4.1 is designed to work with an
O2 to be able to do closed-loop control in steady speed situations. On
the other hand, it shouldn't be too difficult to make a PROM with a
work-around for this.

>3. Can't see any hanging wires...
The wire should be going from the O2, up behind the engine with a
connector appr. behind the head, and go into the cable mesh in front of
the passenger seat. You could remove the "felted" shield that covers the
relays and see if the DPO stuffed the O2 cable in there. On my car it's
green? There should also be two wires for the O2 heating.

Regards,
Anders Nilsson
-90 75 2.0TS with 170.000km so far