No Subject

Roger:

You wrote:
Subject: Spider cooling systems
Here's a thought: the stock 4 cylinder cooling system is adequate for =
speeds to approximately 70mph above that it's only marginal. Do I have a =
point or am I just full __it?
Roger

Well, I can attest to many years of driving my Spider well past 70mph with
no cooling problems at all.  For a typical example, yesterday I took a 10
mile aimless drive in my 85' Spider.  On multiple occasions I surpassed the
90mph mark.  On most occasions, the energetic tach needle visited the red
zone.  The temp gauge only made if a tick past straight up erect @ 185.  The
hottest times, were when I was forced to slow, or stop due to traffic and
traffic lights, etc.

Oh, did I happen to mention I live in Plano Texas, where the air temp was
104+.  Of course, it was about a 120 heat index.  My trusty Alfa, keeping
its cool anyhow.  (I was a wee bit hot however.  My gauge was not straight
up erect.  It was pretty much into the over-heated zone.  Nothing can stop
me from my Alfa therapy however.)

DS
91' 164L
85' Spider