Re: 164 TS engine

I have been thinking about improving the power output of my 164 TS.  Has
anybody any experience or ideas on the best way to do this.  I already have a
K&N air filter and a SuperSprint exhaust system.  What I dont want to do, is
have a engine that makes no power below 5000 rpm.  The car is for normal
driving (ie no track work).  Would replacing the chip improve anything or is
it a waste of money.  The only thing I do intend to do is gas flow the
cylinder head, not sure about upgrading the cams (if any are available?).  Is
there any room to modify the VVT.

On a more general theme, how do I work out where the main restrictions are on
a Twin Spark are, that would give the greatest results.  I am thinking here
about the 20/80 rule, ie 20% of what you do gives 80% of the results.

Any advice would be very useful

Steve
164 TS (136,000 miles)
Cumbria UK

Today some low life ripped the boot lock flap from my car.  I am now in favour
of bringing back hanging, especially for car vandals.