FRONT WHEEL DRIVE

- -Hate to step in late, but let's remember the early FWD cars of Citroen!
1930's?
- -Transverse FWD was the Mini, and there is no doubt the Japanese were
aware
of this car.

Talked to a Mitsubishi Motors engineer who said that transverse was more
efficient because the gears had lower loss than the ones needed for a
longitudinal drivetrain.

----

----

----

Well I stopped at a yard sale in a little town called MIST in the middle of
no where and the fella there was driving a 1932 CORD. Now Cord was a front
wheel drive auto mobile and though not transverse it was one of the first.
This old gentleman was so enthused that I recognized his GEM that he had to
show me his engine. Opened the hood and there was a mid 60s CADILLAC V8 with
dual carter four barrels stuffed in there. All built out on the farm with
old pulleys and hose from who knows where......a real work of art and hooked
to the original Cord front wheel drive. WHAT A CRUISER.
Thomas Baumen