RE: 87 Milano gauges not working.

>  About a week after fitting 3.0 rims and tires, my speedometer stopped
> working. It fluttered for a minute or two, jumping up and down, then
> nothing. Any idea what happened or how to fix it. I should say that my
> tach is also off about 1000 rpm. After cruising at fast highway speeds
> for a while, it will jump up to normal but not around town. What's the
> deal? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Oh yeah. Problem #3: rear
> windows wont't go down. It seems like I'm not getting any juice to the
> center console. Fuse? Short? Any ideas?
> Thanks for any help.

for the speedo, the most common failure is bad connections at the speedo
sender, or the sender itself.  it comes out of the transmission, low to the
ground, and is exposed to road grime and water.

for the tach, sounds like some electrical connection internal to the tach.
there's a small potentiometer inside, by which you can adjust the tach.
since yours is jumping up and down i might start by cleaning that
potentiometer.

for the rear windows, you can check your fusebox easier than we can ;)
start there, if the fuse is bad replace it.  if it blows quickly you've got
a short, otherwise you've got a bad connection..

good luck,

bs