2 answers to questions

I've been ill with a hellacious flu bug the past 4 days, so I'm just now
catching up on the last several Alfa Digests... my apologizes if these 2
subjects have already been addressed...

The FIAT "bathroom fixture" company mentioned in AD 280 IS NOT the same Fiat
company that we all know and love! This is a US company that has been in
business for dozens and dozens of years and just somehow wound up with the
same name. I seem to remember doing a "Fiat" web search once and coming up
with their company info also. It might be interesting for someone to contact
them and ask how the name came about.

The LineaRossa company referred to in AD282 is the "factory authorized parts
importer" for the Fiat models sold here between 1967 and 1982. All 5 of the
parts that Fiat still makes after 16 years for these cars that is! They
recently moved from Southern California to Davie, FL and are attempting to put
together an "after-market Alfa parts program" to supplement the Fiat business.
The Mr. Olaf Haas mentioned is a genuinely nice guy. I've known him for
several years and enjoy a great relationship with him as a friend and business
competitor (Caribou sells lots of Fiat parts.... remember?) I suspect their
name was suggested because they are on Fiat Italy's books as the USA Fiat
parts importer (and only Fiat... they can't even buy parts from ARDONA), but
for an Alfa related matter ARDONA is really where you want to go to.

Best Wishes,

Ed at Caribou Imports/Caribou Canvas
now the largest Fiat parts supplier in the Western U.S.
visit us on the Web at:
http://members.aol.com/CARIBOULH
new on our Web site - access the AutoTrader's nationwide classified ad
database for Alfas (or other vehicles) available for sale OR list you own
vehicle in the database for free! Courtesy of Caribou.