RE: car of the century

> I would not put too much into the eventual result of this selection,

not to mention that only people with access to the internet are doing the
voting..

imho, the concept is an interesting one.  probably for every individual on
the planet, whether they've ever owned a car or not, there is one automobile
that stands out from the rest for some reason or another.  perhaps it's the
first car that they ever owned or drove in, the one they took on the
honeymoon, the one they used to drive home with the first newborn, or the
rear parcel shelf in a gtv on which they had some wild sexual adventure (as
described in this very digest not too many months ago).

*we* all know that the obvious choice is the bertone gtv (1971 model year,
to be specific).  however, at a tender young age i was exposed to my uncles
early 60's cadillac - power windows, convertible top, etc etc, and that's
probably the car that twisted a 'car' neuron at some crucial stage of my
development.

i can only thank god that it was only a 'car' neuron that got twisted, and
not a 'chevy' neuron.

much later it was a ride in a '69 berlina that completed the connection..

bs