grenading fans

There have been several articles lately about the spider plastic fans
lunching themselves and causing great havoc in the engine compartment.
I had this very problem about five years ago with my '79 spider. At that
time, Alfa Ricambi had what they called a competition fan which was still
plastic but with narrower blades and tapering toward the tips. This fan is
still going and in the summers of Las Cruces, New Mexico and Phoenix has not
given any overheating problems. Worth a call to determine if they still have
them.
Ed Mackey   Las Cruces, NM