A whine about Bezine prices and taxes.

Fellow Alfisti,

A friend came back from a visit to Australia a couple of days ago and
brougt me a fluoresent boomerang. We discussed the Differences of living
there and here in Holland. He liked the "Relaxed" Australians and to his
surprise driving on the wrong side off the road was fun too. But when he
mentioned benzine prices… I immediately was tempted to immigrate, 70 Aussie
Cents for a liter!
One Australian Dollar is about 1.3 Dutch Guilder so one liter is about 90
Dutch cents !! (In US Currency this is about 45 Cents). One liter of
Unleaded costs almost 2.2 Guilder here in The Netherlands (=US$1.1).

Taxes in Holland are a function of weight, fuel-type and regional upcosts.
My 75TS weighs about 1200Kg and running on normal petrol the tax would be
about 280 Guilders every 3 Months. My car runs on "gas" which only costs
about 60 Dutch cents per liter, but tax is 510 Guilders every 3 months!
Still, running on "gas" is cheaper. You only have to drive more K's to
reach the break-even point. It also helps that the car is less economic on
"gas".

Now, try to imagine having more than one car in The Netherlands..
You bloody foreigners are soo lucky !!

Kai
75TS