GTV6 Fire Extinguisher mount V6 #27

Hi,
My 2c worth.  I have seen fire extinguishers mounted successfully on the
top of the centre tunnel just behind (sometimes coming up alongside) the
hand brake lever.  In my car however I managed to mount one at the side
of the passengers footwell by placing a thin sheet of steel behind the
kick panel and using self tapping screws - it hasn't vibrated loose
after two years.  I have two children who periodically climb about
inside the car so 1., they're less likely to trip over it as they climb
into their seats, and 2., they're less likely to notice it to
investigate it further........!!  ( I don't have a 5 point harness and
so think it's accessible enough - better to have something in the car
than nothing at all.)

John Peebles
1987 GTV6 in New Zealand