Re: Spitty GTV6 --> Mounting a fire extinguisher

> Ciao Alfisti,
> The recent posts regarding GTV6s backfiring and catching fire has motiv=
> ated me
> enough to ask the question - where is the best place to mount an exting=
> uisher in
> an Alfetta/GTV6?  I do not want to drill holes in my bodywork, only to =
> find it
> is going
> to fall out due to vibration in a few weeks!

Rob,

I have an extinguisher mounted right in front of the driver's seat
on the floor of the car, I can reach it with belts/harnesses on.
It isn't pretty, and probably not the "best" place, but it's
convenient and doesn't interfere with the back seat area.
Another digesti mentioned that he had one mounted on the
transmission tunnel, but I looked there and I didn't think
there was enough room.  The hard-core racers pull out the
heater/console and put it on the tunnel ahead of the gearshift.

Revolution Racegear in Auburn, Sydney sell an extinguisher suitable
for club-level competition.  They also sell a suitable metal
bracket so you can throw the plastic bracket away.  The metal
bracket has 4 holes in it, so I now have 4 holes in the floor of
my car (secured with short bolts and nyloc nuts).

I cut through the carpet and insulation to mount the bracket
directly to the floor.  I'm very happy with it, I had the
extinguisher in similar place on my spider.

dave.