Re: 156 whips new 3 series & BTCC

Dear Bill,

You'll have to forgive me on this one, but I,m speaking strictly from
memory. I did see the Autocar group test and that of two other
magazines, so I may confuse the content of the articles. Autocar
definitely liked the 156 best, but I believe the BMW was one of the old
3 series. In summary, the writers appear to agree that the Alfa's
engine (TS) is better, the car is quicker, more stylish and that the
steering is more direct and has better feel. In BMW's favour is better
ride, fuel economy and build quality. All categories were close between
the two contenders, with the Audi (it was the A4 in at least one
article) bringing up the rear. Two magazines favoured the Alfa, whilst
one favouverd the BMW. That's about all that I can recall at the
moment, but Top Gear are showing a group test between the new 3 series
and its competitors tomorrow. I'll let you know what their opinion is
if they feature the 156.

BTCC
I saw an entry list for the championship last night and (fanfare
please) numbers 56 and 57 have been allocated to Larini and Giovanardi.
Does anyone know which races they will be guesting at?

Regards

Tony Quinn
Worcs. UK