Vangelis' V6 and Oil on air filter body (v6)

If the Gtv6's are the same as early milanos, they have an additional temp
sensor at the thermostat body, compared to the late milanos.  The sensor
is used to retard ignition timing until the engine warms up.  The result
is an engine that stumbles badly when cold.  Alfa saw the light and
removed the sensor in 88 or so.

I haven't seen my milano for a year and a half, but from memory, the sensor
in question is the only one on the thermostat body which has a normal spade
plug, as opposed to the sealed bosch connectors.  It's located at about
5 o'clock if you look at the thermostat body from the front of the car,
looking down.  Just disconnect the wire and tie it back.

Oil leakage on air filter body:  As the discussion continues on this
issue, it suggests to me that my previous explanation of the solution
was not clear.  Here goes again:

The hose from the oil vapour separator to the big intake hose contains
a metal pipe section, where the hose connects to the big intake hose.
You can see this if you disconnect the hose and pull it out.  The metal
piece is like this:

                        	/--------
		       	 ======/
large intake hose side 	                       oil vapour separator side
 	   		 ======\
				\________

Drill out the smaller side as much as you're able to without disturbing the
outer surface, and the problem is 95% fixed.

Both of these solutions were given to me originally by the esteemed
Mr. DiMatteo...

Cheers,
Neil

Aachen Germany