Re: Milano tires

As Jim Roth said:

>I'd recommend going to 205/50-15s as the diameter is the same as the
>195/55. 205/55 is probably a little tall. I have Goodyear   GS-C
>205/50-ZR15's on mine with no problems. They only rub the top of the wheel
>well under extreme braking (just like the 195/55's did), but that rarely
>happens, right ;->?  I know that Chris Lesher, who is normally on this
>list, has them, too, and has had good experience with them. Maybe he can
>pipe up and tell us.

Yup.  The 205/50s have my speedo dead on at 80 mph and the GSC's are great.
I imagine any performance tire on a Milano would tighten up the feel the
same.  As for the rubbing, I can only make it happen backing out of driveway
at full lock.  I have yet to experience any rubbing under hard driving even
on a track.  I think you probably have to be braking *real* hard into a very
tight turn to get much of that.

This winter I'm having no tire rubbing problems; the car is fitted with four
175/70 Hakkepelitas and likes snow better than twisty back roads!

Chris Lesher
Boulder CO