Milano Tires

Tony writes..
<<The previous owner of my Milano Verde fitted 205/55-15 tires.
   (BFGoodrich Comp T/A ZR1).  They occasionally rub on the right
   front fender skirt.  Since they are almost new, I was contemplating
   replacing the front onlys with stock size 195/55-15s.  Anyone see
   any reason not to do this?  I figure I'll keep the larger tires on
   the rear and I'll have an extra pair when the rears wear out.

   Also, any suggestions for which brand/type of tires to buy?  I'm
   primarily interested in performance rather than all weather as I
   have 4 Graspics for the winter.

Tony,

 My milano had stock size tires up front and 205/50-15s on the rear
when I bought it (similar to what you are suggesting). The only thing
that was bad about it was that you couldn't rotate the tires
front to rear. Subsequently, the front tires needed replacing
prematurely. I went back to the stock size 195/55-15s all the way
round so that the tires could be rotated, and stayed with the Pirelli
p600 replacement, the p6000, for originality. 205/50-15s will fit as
well and there is a much bigger selection of tire manufacturers in
this size. If you want to make use of those 205/55-15s by keeping
them on the rear you'll be stuck with the problem I had, plus the
diameter is slightly off (1.8%).
 Performance wise I'm happy with the p6000's although there are
certainly higher performance and higher priced tires out there.

Phil Williams
Owego, NY

87 Milano Platinum
71 TR-6