Re: smell of gas

>You make mention of having checked the evaporator can, is this
>the original 20 year old can? They do degrade internally to the
>point where they can't absorb anymore stinkeroo (I may have just
>exposed my lack of hard science knowledge). This may or may not
>be apparent from a visual inspection.
>
>My old Pcar has this same problem but only when the tank has just
>been filled.

Interesting. It did occur to me, but no one else has mentioned it. I
wonder if new evap canisters are available, or whether I can adapt one
from something else to suit...

>Be glad your Spider is an open car.

Well, that *is* why I love them. :)

It was just nice enough yesterday to have the top down for most of the
day's running around. It is *sooo* nice to be driving the car with the
top down again for once in a LONG while.

Godfrey