GTV-6 no start.

Wouldn't you know it, the gtv-6 my friend just bought is already living up
to its good name.

Here the story:

Car won't start, will crank over just fine, so I checked to see if the
fuel pump was whining, nothing, not even a sound.

I disconnected the combo relay, cleaned out the connections. Still no
whine from the fuel pump.  I moved the airflow meter flap and could here a
clicking in the relay but no fuel pump noise at all, just silence.  Then I
took the combo relay off my Milano and installed it in the GTV-6. Nothing,
then just to check I put the combo relay out of the gtv-6 into my car and
it worked just fine.  THen miraculously I jiggled the pump, filter area
on the gtv-6 and it started. WE drove it around and then parked it.  THen
today no amount of banging on the pump would get the car to run and start.

What is the prognosis.  I had the exact same problem on my Milano and just
changed the combo relay, what else controls the fuel pump from getting
juice.

						Sandro Marcantonio
						Boulder, Colorado.

P.S.

IS there a way to hot wire the fuel pump, the pink wire on the combo
relay, directly to positive juice just to get the car going?