RE: Milano Tires

Tony Brucia wnats to know:

>The previous owner of my Milano Verde fitted 205/55-15 tires.(BFGoodrich
Comp
T/A ZR1).  They occasionally rub on the right front fender skirt.  Since
they
are almost new, I was contemplating replacing the front onlys with stock
size
195/55-15s.  Anyone see any reason not to do this?  I figure I'll keep the
larger tires on the rear and I'll have an extra pair when the rears wear
out. <

I'd recommend going to 205/50-15s as the diameter is the same as the
195/55. 205/55 is probably a little tall. I have Goodyear   GS-C
205/50-ZR15's on mine with no problems. They only rub the top of the wheel
well under extreme braking (just like the 195/55's did), but that rarely
happens, right ;->?  I know that Chris Lesher, who is normally on this
list, has them, too, and has had good experience with them. Maybe he can
pipe up and tell us. If your wheels are 15 x 6, then the 195/55's are
probably the best bet. If they are 15 x 6.5 or 7, then the 205/50 will work
great for you.  In my opinion, going from 195/55 to 205/50 made a huge
difference in grip.  The GSC's are rare in this size, but 205/50 seems to
be a popular tire size in other performance tire brands. Someone else may
have a brand recommendation.

Jim Roth, Northern NM   VISIT AOCNM's website for ALFANTAZIA '98
convention and NM travel info
http://www.swcp.com/~curtism/aocnm.htm
'94 Land ROver
'90 MBZ300TE4M