Re: alfa-digest V6 #17 GTV-6 questions...

Quentin,
    You may want to see if the inoperative instrument lights are because
of a faulty or misadjusted dimmer. The potentiometer that controls the
brightness is located at the perimeter of the central gauge cluster
(fuel, oil pressure and water temp). The pot gets dirty enough over time
so that you need to violently move it back and forth to work. On cam
belt replacement, I have been recommending 30,000 miles (about 48,000
KM) intervals for seventeen years without difficulty. We change them a
little more often on the race cars, but really no trouble at all. I
suggest you replace the H2O pump at the same time, no need for duplicate
labor! Enjoy your car!  -Peter Krause