Re:From Spica to carbs, a detail,

Dear Alfisti,
my 77 spider came to me in a pitiful state and in pieces.  It is almost
done, well.  It had been converted from Spica to Dell'Ortos.

All the spica stuff is missing.  There was a plate over the oil passages
to the old Spica in the the front cover.  The plate was held with the
original 4 studs.  But it was untidy and I took out the plate and the
studs. I then pipe-plugged the two oil passages to the old Spica in the
front cover.  Now I wonder.......

The two outer (fore-most) studs were fastened to though holes, fine.
The two inner (aft-most) studs were fastened to blind holes.  Are the
latter two holes blind indeed or is water or oil going to pour out under
pressure?
I cannot imagine such a ridiculous design shot-cut in Alfa engines, do
you Know?

Thanks, Andrea

PS.  I got myself a 1968 Mercury Meteor with a big block Ford (my 3rd
american car in my life and my first one in the last ten years).  It is
a station wagon and has room for 10 (ten!!!!).  I need it to go racing
but the neat thing is, the GT fits in the back, almost.  I love it.
Like Orace once said "Pede Libero Pulsanda Tellus"