Re: Rear end knowledge

> Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 20:10:03 EST
> From: Newigi@aol.com
> Subject: Re: Rear end knowledge
>
> I have a 71 spider and would like to put a limited slip rear end in
> during the rebuild of the car.  The question I need to know is when
> did Alfa build the limited slip rear end for spiders and would it work
> for my car.  I have a offer to buy a rear end from a 73 But I need the
> info to make a good judgement call.   Thanks..........Norm

I have been told that the limited slip was available as an option in
'73 or '74.  But, I don't remember seeing anything at the time that
would confirm the assertion.  Limited slip became standard (in U.S.
delivered Spiders) in '76 or '77.  (My '69 1750 GTV has the axel from a
'77 Spider.)

> 71 spider (under full resto)
> Need a back seat for the family to go to the alfa club events. (GTV?)

The back seat of a GTV6 or a 105 chassis GTV is great transportation
for a family of 3 or 4.

chrisp