RE: Bouncy idle on 75TS

Kai wrote:

Fellow Alfists, Here's a question for you:

My 75TS is idling very rough. When the motor is warm
it revs between 500 and 1000 Cycles every second.
The coldstart thingies are working fine.
I think it must be some sensor, could someone help
me out here ??

Kai
Groningen, The Netherlands
75TS
Kai,

I recently had a similar problem on my 164 that I'd been chasing for quite some time.
First, check carefully for intake air leaks -- I'm not familiar with the TS engine, but I
assume it has a large rubber intake hose -- these are prone to cracks. Check all other
vacuum lines as well.  My car ended up having no leaks, but a lean mixture -- put it on an
exhaust gas analyzer and adjusted the basic mixture at the air flow meter to get it right.
No more bouncy idle!  Yes, this is why I have a new idle air controller for sale, folks.

Al Porter
Sacramento