Re: valve adjustments

 MH> i am wondering how you various digesters accomplish valve
 MH> adjustments. do you buy a whole set or do you make the measurements
 MH> and order the shims, tying up the car for who knows how long?
[snip]

I thought one could get to the shims by just removing the cam cover then
the cams (taking care not to skip teeth in the timing chain). That way,
you can easily measure gaps and existing shim thicknesses to discover
what you need to order. Put things back together until your order
arrives.

Brad

--
Brad Howes                             bhowes@mot.com