What's that doing there?

Good day Alfa Know-it-alls,
     There was a big bright yellow thing in the sky today instead of the bleak
grey clouds, so, myself and the GTV6 did a little extra-commute driving. Fun
fun fun!
     I blast into the my driveway and decided that whilst I had the temp up
around 180 degrees I should check on that lazy rad fan. It was loafing as
usual. That I can deal with.
     My puzzlement focuses on some oil (a bit less than quarter ounce) that I
found in the lip around the lid of my air cleaner box. How'd that get there? I
didn't spill it there, that much I do know. Hell, the filler is on the other
side. There wasn't oil any place else around under the bonnet.
      Any ideas? Is this significant? Is it at all related to the days
spirited driving?
Thanks all,
See ya.
JimboMGA@aol.com