Re: What's that doing there?

JimboMGA@aol.com writes:
>      My puzzlement focuses on some oil (a bit less than quarter ounce) that I
> found in the lip around the lid of my air cleaner box. How'd that get there? I
> didn't spill it there, that much I do know. Hell, the filler is on the other
> side. There wasn't oil any place else around under the bonnet.
>       Any ideas? Is this significant? Is it at all related to the days
> spirited driving?
My milano does this too. The only thing I can figure is that it's from
the oil breather and oil collects in the intake hose and runs back to the
airflow meter and then leaks out of the gasket between the airflow meter
and the air filter enclosure. I haven't confirmed this however.
--
Colin Verrilli     Raleigh, NC     verrilli@vnet.ibm.com
'84 GTV6