Re: alfa-digest V6 #10 Bosch EFI Mixture...

Bill,
I want you to fix your car so you can come play with us at Savannah on
the racetrack!
The adjustment on the Bosch AFM for mixture is not just for idle. The
air bypass affects total deflection of the air door throughout the
range, hence the wiper's position on the carbon track under the cover,
therefore the resistance value sent to the ECU. I would only take the
car to Milo if he's got an accurate gas analyzer and you warm the car
fully, unscrew the tap before the converter (on the down pipe), and
check CO. Should be .7% (+.5% tolerance). I am guilty of having
disconnected many O2 sensors to allow the ECU to go into open loop just
to settle the incessant hunting down! More likely, the water temp sensor
is out of range or you have a fuel pressure problem, but 21 mpg with a
heavy foot sounds within the range for a fifteen year old car. Good
Luck.  -Peter Krause