Re: alfa-digest V6 #10 Setting ignition timing...

Folks,
The reason why Alfa scribes a mark on the GTV-6 crank pulleys is to make
it easier to set the timing. You can find two marks close to one another
(fixed advance and PM or Top Dead Center), then a maximum advance mark
(either 33 or 35 degrees total, I'm not at the shop now). Forget the
fixed advance, just set it for max advance at, say, 4500 or 5000 rpm.
Some spiders have these marks, too. As far as listening for spark knock,
that might be fine for Chevy owners, but we're talking about fine
machinery here...

-Peter Krause