Sears Point washout

Well, the AROSC time trial event was not run.  Saturday was a total
washout, but Sunday was dry and rather nice.  I just happened to be
shopping in Marin that day, and figured what the heck, so I took a drive by
the track.  The front gates were closed but the entrance via the Russell
racing school was open, so I was able to get into the paddock area.  The
track was mostly dry and empty save for the big orange street sweeper
truck, which was getting some excess water off the track.

Here's the neat part.  The proprietors of the
raceware/bookstore/automobilia shop had their sign out saying "Welcome Alfa
Racers."  Their front display table was awash with Alfa stuff, from
lithographs to models cars to books--all about Alfas.

Now, I'm sure they probably do this with all the other marque clubs that
come in, but it's still pretty nice to see them make the effort even when
the weather was as bad as it was.  Hopefully, the event can be rescheduled
for a later time.

Chris Robyn
Berkeley, CA
'84 GTV-6