Re: '86 Spider gauges -- thanks to David

While I had my brother on the line he took his cordless out to the
garage, started the Spider, gave the pod and fuse box a couple of light
wacks and the gauges (except for the speedo) all jumped to life.
Thanks for the help.
Changing the subject, a while back someone asked if the heavier duty
color fast convertible tops offered by such outlets as International
Auto Parts are worth the extra cash in comparison with the less
expensive vinyl versions. When the need arose to replace the vinyl top
on my Spider, thanks to the knife of a friendly neighborhood kid, I
replaced it with the color fast top and it is defintiely worth it. It's
more quiet, better insulated and just plain looks a whole lot better.
Finally, another question. When I bought my car the glove box door had
been pried back an inch or two. I don't believe it can be bent back into
shape. Any suggestions on where to find a replacement other than
scouring salvage yards?

Tony Costello
'86 Spider Graduate