RE: CA smog, Rovers, and Ricambi

In AD6-005, Bryan Carter had some questions:

1)  I'm moving to California in the next 4 months or so and was wondering if
someone could enlighten me as to what hoops I may have to jump through to
bring in my '88 Milano. . . . .

Not too many hoops.  If your Milano meets Cal smog stds, then it's just a
matter of registering it, and that's that.  If it doesn't, you have to pay a
one-time $300 'environmental impact' fee. Then pay the reg, etc.

3)  I found a '67 Rover TC 2000 for sale.  It's neat, in a goofy kind of way,
but I know nothing about them.  Any words of wisdom?

It's old.  It's British.  It's weird, even for a Brit car.  Beware parts
availability.  Well engineered for its day, though.

2)  I ordered the new AR Ricambi catalog for my Milano . . . .

Sorry.  Not to brag, but I'm local enough, that a phone call or a visit takes
care of everything.

Jay Negrin
ARO Southern California