RE: Sears Point this week-end

	<snip>
> Just a heads up, if you haven't been watching Bay Area weather
> reports.--Saturday, supposedly humongous storm--Sunday rain--I just
> cancelled, but those of you with closed cars might enjoy the boat
> race!
>
> Yep, Ise just a wuss. Y'all have fun, hear?

> ==========
> Regards,
> Alan G. Lambert___________________________________<gerard@crl.com>
>             *******Los Altos, California (work)*******

	<snip>

	Another heads up, if you have never driven Sears Point in the
rain, be VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY (are you getting my point) CAREFUL...
especially on the first few laps.

	I can not over emphasize this... CRAWL around for the first few
laps! Sears is one of the most diabolical circuits in the wet. Even turn
12 (the simple little kink mid way up the front stretch) rates a high
pucker factor because you exit the turn onto the drag strip lanes. The
drag strip lanes are like driving on Vaseline because of the traction
treatment they put down, the oil cars put down, tire-scrubbed pavement,
etc. So, the only traction available is between the lanes... you slide
through the left lane and the get grip between... go too fast, and you
slide through the traction and into the right lane (just to the right of
which is the cement wall). Your best bet is to drive the rain line,
which is basically driving around the outside radius of the turns. Now,
having stated my warning, I must also say that driving Sears in the wet
is a BLAST!

	Have fun!

	~Warren Chamberlain