105 Headlamps

The digest seems to have been dead for the last few days, so Im
reposting this:

heres an odd one.  The headlamps on my Euro '68 GTV 1750 are wired with
the inside (smaller) lamps as split hi/Lo beam, and the large, outer
lamps are high beam only.

I thought that this was a kludged wiring job by the previous owner, but
the wiring always looked suspiciously factory.

now, on browsing the parts manual, Ive discovered a set of parts that
would match this configuration.  The lamps are all very early carello.

the relevant pages of the electrical parts manual are 313 and 315.  it
also says something about these parts being on RHD GTV's up till chassis
number 1454000 and LHD GTV's up till 1375000.  I dont have my car handy,
so I can't check.

does anyone else out there have this configuration? Am I nuts, or is
this in fact a factory wiring job?

Ben