Re: sticking electric windows

> <<...electric windows that go down sort of ok but really struggle to get back
> up ...>>

In addition to Tony Wood's furniture wax advice (which I will try
myself),
you should check the "furry" window runner rubber where the edge of the
window slides in the channel. If it's not furry anymore, it will stick.
The sticking will not be the same front and back, which makes the window
tilt. This worsens the situation and rapidly scrubs off any remaining
fur.
So far I have found a replacement of the rubber to be the only cure for
sticking windows, but I'll try the wax on my GTV which is not completely
stuck yet.

Wheels:
I got my (steel) rims back from sandblasting yesterday. I sent them in
for
blasting and priming. When I found them by the side of my GTV, the
priming
looked kind of strange. I got the explanation: The guy was testing out
some
new equipment that would add another service to his sandblasting
business.
They were zink-metallised using a plasma pistol. :-)
As they are meant for my winter tyres, that is just beautiful. The
underbody
and enclosed parts of the car I can keep the rust away from with my
trusted
wax-spray guns, but the rims cannot be protected that way. So this time
I'm a happy guinea pig.

Oinkk, oinkkk!
--
Einar Sjaavik, einar_sjavik@login.eunet.no,