[alfa] Eagle dent puller

This is mostly geared to Trevor Parkes (750-101) of Melbourne, Australia who runs a body repair shop and is trying to locate Eagle.

Wull, turns out not to be all that easy. They, the company, does not show up on Google. I have friends flyer with the phone number - 1-800-585-3294. It seems to ring but no one answers. Meaning I didn't get an out of order / service message.

I had Googled Eagle II dent puller before sending in my post and had found www.autobodytoolmart.com which Bill Dougherty (AD) was also kind enough to send.

On Google Tool Mart lists the unit as $499, but when going to the site, it is $549.99. I ran into encryption problems in trying to see what would come up when going through the ordering process.

Bottom line since we're near the holidays decided to abuse my credit card and called Auto Body Tool Mart - 1-800-382-1200 and got Paco (nice guy) Ext. 246 who told me it is a great unit (of course), they are out of stock (of course). He feels the company is a Very Small operation and get overwhelmed with orders so solve the problem by not answering the phone.

They have a dozen firm orders for them in their main Illinois place, but have 50 overall orders. Fortunately / unfortunately they have a place in CA. The unfortunate part is I now get to pay sales tax. The good part is when phoning, the cost is $499. My total will be $558.99 (major cc abuse). I'm apparently second on the list in CA. They will not run it through until they ship. When I put his feet to the fire, Paco felt I'd have the unit within 30 days. Tool Mart has 60 units on order with 10 going to CA.

Now Mr. Kern (AD): If you care to stop by after it arrives, I'll charge merely $100 per hour for the use of it and throw in the electricity for free. What a guy, hunh? Closer than Australia though.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA

Gittin' ready for that dent challenged 750. Stay tuned.