[alfa] No more Milano brakes...?

Hello Alfisti,

It seems like my Milano's master cylinder starting to die, the symptoms
started after I replacing the front caliper seals and trying unsuccessful to bleed
the front calipers by the traditional method but finally succeeded by using
the pressure bleeder, after that I used the car for about a week (+/- 400 miles)
with no sign of trouble

Symptoms:
Today while driving in heavy stop and go traffic, the yellow "Anti Lock
light" came 'On' and a little later the effort on the pedal was very light during
the first section of the travel and very hard during the second part of the
pedal travel, similar to the feel when you have air on the system.

It felt like the first section of the master cylinder started to fail if so,
would be possible for me to rebuilt the brake master cylinder using a kit? It
seems that a lot of people don't want to talk much about rebuilding (or
replacing) the master cylinders on the MIlanos with ABS and all the master cylinders
offered by the usual vendors are for Non-ABS systems.

I just went outside and open the ignition switch and I could hear the
hydraulic pump working and the "Anti Lock Light" turned off by itself, could this be
the beginning of a major repair? The car has 88K miles and otherwise it is in
great shape, I have logged about 14,000 miles on it since late February.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Gilles