[alfa] Stupid looking Alfas

Joe Elliott, mixing incredibly huge apples with admittedly equally huge oranges - but we all know that has never stopped me in the past:

Why is the Audi R8 such an incredibly beautiful car [not to mention winning LeMans (among other venues numerous times] and the Milano, along with ALL of the fairly recent BMW's have such ugly butts?

Yeah, sure, the R8 has a rear high wing, though considerably more aesthetically pleasing than many Butt Ugly consumer cars of the BMW ilk.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but believe balls out race cars really do go by the dictum "form follows function".

Since I'm sure they do and (many of them) look aesthetically pleasing if not incredible, why can't Chris Bangle (and crew - not to mention the architect who designed the Milano) design a rear end which doesn't make one want to wonder...a whole lot?

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA