[alfa] Alfa nomenclature

I can't help noticing the several humorous references to Alpha Romeros. Actually, a frequently run ad from one of the gas companies in the late 70's or early 80's referred to an Alfonzo di Credenza as a humorous attempt to glorify some piece of oriental crapola as a sophisticated European car (or maybe it was a Toyota ad) and that remains my favourite misnomer.

But if you wish to adequately butcher the Alfa name please remember it is an Alfalfa Romero.

And the Duetto name was a result of a name-the-car contest according to the Illustrated Alfa Romeo Buyer's Guide (Joe Benson, 2nd ed, p.87) and refers only to the 1600 cc version. The 1750 was the 1750.

Cheers

Michael Smith
White 1991 164L
Original owner