RE:[alfa] 164 Battery

From: "alfajess" <alfajess@domain.elided>

It appears that my LS' battery is due for change. I went to
Sears' website and guess what, they do not have a battery
listed for 164! I've tried all options from 93 to 95.

Just wondering where do the rest of you get the right
battery from? I should go home and check my manuals
for the specs...
The comments here relate to 164L and 164S - maybe the LS uses the same battery.

I always wondered how come the batteries on my two 164's have lasted since 1991.
Incredible!!!

I now have the answer.

The battery used is a Group 31 sealed with a vent.

It is a Truck battery and designed for much more arduous use than a car application

I finally had to get one for my 205000 mile 164L that I've owned from new. The starting was getting a little reluctant.

Interstate makes the battery I bought (check the web site) and indeed was one of the OEM suppliers.

I got mine from a local gas station that the Interstate truck visits

It cost me $110.

A fabulous bargain

Bruce Murray