Re: [alfa] A/C interference with heater fan access?

Gilbert Gagne wrote:

> Michael,
> I recently removed a heater from a 1986 Spider and as I remember the
> heater is attached to the top of the firewall by two nuts on bolts
> permanently secured. These nuts are VERY, VERY difficult to get at.
> Proceed at your own risk!

Just before hitting church (at night this week) I went to the auto parts
house and purchased a long 8 mm socket.  No. 2 son and I verified 8 mm
wrench seemed to fit properly on the mounting stud nuts.  They _appeared_
to be accessible with long extensions from below.  Plans at this moment
are to pull the heater host connection tomorrow AM before going to work
and to attempt to undo the heater box mounting nuts.  We should know by
7:30 or so whether the box can come out by the (LHD) pedals.

> When I lived in New England, I used a tank type engine block heater to
> circulate the coolant and keep the engine warm on below zero nights....

I really appreciate the input.  But it's the going home part of the
circuit that I have trouble with.  I don't have a place to plug in the
car at work to keep it warm.

Michael