Re: [alfa] A/C interference with heater fan access?

Michael,
I recently removed a heater from a 1986 Spider and as I remember the heater is attached to the top of the firewall by two nuts on bolts permanently secured. These nuts are VERY, VERY difficult to get at. Proceed at your own risk!

When I lived in New England, I used a tank type engine block heater to circulate the coolant and keep the engine warm on below zero nights so it would start in the morning. Starting out with instant heat might prevent windshield misting. These heaters are extensively used in northern Canada and Alaska. In Edmundton, Alberta this past summer, I observed AC outlets on parking meter posts for keeping engines warm while patrons shopped.

Gil Gagne
Port Orange, FL
1985 Spider