[alfa] Re: 164 manual transmission repair

I don't want to get into a back-and-forth because I'm sure the other readers
don't care.   But I feel I must respond.   I don't appreciate Don's posting in
response to mine.   I didn't realize my car had become such a hot topic of
conversation.   Moreover, were you calling me a "fool," Don?   The purpose of my
"Grazie" posting was to thank the readers of this board for their responses
offering advise on my transmission situation.   I did not criticize the
mechanic involved; rather, I complimented him for doing what appeared to be a great
job.   Please read my posting in its entirety and be fair about the context
before chastising me so harshly in front of everyone for simply calling the
experience expensive.   It WAS expensive, but I wrote the check without complaining
because I felt it was worth it.   I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Al to
others for Alfa repairs at this point.   And, by the way, I never told Don or Al
how much I paid for the car or of the circumstances surrounding how I purchased
it, so I'm not sure where Don's comment about that came from.   Nonetheless,
I still do appreciate the help I got from various readers on here.   In hopes
of maintaining the integrity of this board, I will not discuss this further in
the public postings.   Thanks once again for the assistance.

Jeremy
jeremy815@domain.elided
1991 164L