[alfa] RE: FS: Anthracite Verde w/sunroof - SF Bay Area

Dave,

The Momo wheels were added by the first owner, but I don't know where/how they were acquired. Same with the Momo steering wheel. My previous Verde did not have either, and you can still find the steering wheel hub adapters out there for Momo wheels (I don't know if they are still made...).

The tank in front is the power steering reservoir. The tank is moved to the front on cars that have a cruise control unit, like mine.

Thanks,

Ted

ps - car is still for sale. :D

Ted,

sorry, I'm not a potential buyer as I already own an '87 Verde, but I did notice a couple of interesting things in the pics of your car.  Firstly, it appears to have a set of Momo wheels identical to the ones fitted to my own.  Do you happen to know how these were acquired?  I am curious as to whether this style was available through the dealer, possibly even at time of purchase, or it was simply a popular upgrade.  The same question applies to the Momo steering wheel - was this a standard Verde feature, or just a common replacement?  Mine differs from yours by having an Alfa emblem in the center, which I suppose could have been added separately.

The other thing that struck me is the plastic tank mounted to the top radiator support.  My car doesn't have this tank.  What is it for?  Is this standard on '88 Verdes and not the '87s?

Of course, anyone knowledgable about Verdes could probably answer these questions, so I'd appreciate anyone's input.  Thanks,

Dave.