[alfa] more info on Alfa not running

This problem is pretty much driving me crazy. I opened up the "drive relay"
by the fuel injection ECU behind the passenger seat. It is staying closed
while the ignition switch is off. I checked the contacts and they were not
pitted. (I cleaned them anyway, but it didn't help.) I mechanically opened
the relay while it is running (key off) and could feel the winding was
energized. When the engine finally stops (runs out of fuel with no fuel
pump?) the relay opens. On one attempt the engine stopped immediately with
the key being turned off and the relay opened at the same time.

My wiring diagrams don't show this relay (even though it is labeled in some
of the pictures.) Does anyone know what energizes this relay? I don't know
where to look to see what could be powering it.

Thanks,

Darrel