[alfa] Shrieking GTV6

Been awhile since I owned one, but had a very metallic shrieking going
on "down there someplace". Heads of rubber donut's bolts hitting the
back of the muffler. If your problem, rearrange as required.

Alfetta GT - less power, generally more reliable: Sound of metallic shrieking when accelerating - even normally. Aluminum rear motor mount / driveshaft housing moved up on acceleration and rubbed on driveshaft. Stuffed short heater hose segments into upper holes of rubber mount, wired into place and sound went away. Later when aluminum rear motor mount / driveshaft housing was removed with engine, and to rid myself of the horrible Ma and Pa Kettle stigma, replaced the rubber "bushing". Sound came back again after assembly. So...hoses and wire still there as we speak and most likely forever on.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA