[alfa] 76 Spider Smog Question

Hello to all,

I have a 1976 Spider that has been off the road for a few years. I picked the car up off of Ebay as a non runner. Now that I have it running again, the question that I have is....do I have to get it smogged to put it back on the road? My son says it is past the 25 year excemption rule. Of course I give him the wary eye of unbelief.
Christopher Boles
(in California)
Spider/SS/Sprint Veloce Registers
http://www.veloceregister.net

several new cars will be added to the registers soon --