[alfa] Re: WTB: GTV Rear Seatbelts, Sources and Advice Sought

I can't help with mounting because I don't know the car, but I'm going to assume that it accomodates 3-point belts and that you wouldn't tolerate your daughter being restrained by anything else. Securon's application chart has recommendations for your choice of static or retracting belts for "GTV '63-76." I don't know what may have been original, but I can't picture a 105/115 coupe with retracting rear belts. (Since I don't think any of those cars left the factory with rear belts installed, originality becomes highly subjective and almost meaningless--I'm tempted to suggest that 'period-appropriate' would be a better goal than 'original.') Securon's web site is http://www.securon.co.uk/ and I believe at least one digest participant is a Securon vendor. FWIW, the June 2004 issue of the German magazine "Motor Klassik" has a major article about retrofitting and repairing seatbelts in classic cars. I have a copy of the mag, but it's at a different physical location, and I don't read German well enough for it to be of much use.

Joe

At 6:19 AM +0000 11/13/04, alfa-digest wrote:

Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 22:10:55 -0800
From: "J. Hutson Hart" <hutsonhart@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] WTB: GTV Rear Seatbelts, Sources and Advice Sought

Gotta get the new GTV set-up to accommodate my daughter in the back
seat.  Who can give me some info on a source for seatbelts that are
actually Alfa standard or similar to what Alfa supplied?  [Cross and
serpent emblems on the buckles would be very cool, if such a thing
exists.]  I'd like to keep as original as possible while still solving
the problem relatively quickly.  Also, advice on anchor points and
mounting strategies is very welcome.