[alfa] Welders, Cylinder liner seals, JB Weld

I missed the chance to contribute anything unique on the welder discussion. I was also late to respond and other digesters have confirmed the techniques I use when reinstalling liners, e.g. stock seals with a bit of RTV, and using JB Weld to fill pits in the sealing/mating area of the block when necessary.

My latest application of JB Weld was on the muffler can on a Ansa tailpipe. In typical Ansa fashion the pipes and tips were in excellent shape, and even the can was 95% good. The bad 5% was a rust hole below the exiting pipe on the muffler endcap. I used my Lincoln 110v wire feed welder to weld on a patch plate and then used JB weld to cover the weld and seal the few small leaks. The epoxy has lasted for months and shows no sign of deterioration, and the muffler is still leak free.

//kct, Powell TN