Re: [alfa] Need advise on welding equipment

OK, let me try this again.
I have a Factory Reconditioned Cambell Hausfield 110V wire feed welder that uses flux core wire, or can be set up to use gas. I love the thing, it has allowed me to accomplish so much more in my garage. Anything from putting in floor pans to welding in frame connectors.
I'm no expert welder (just look at my welds) but I think that for the money this welder has served me well for almost 2 years with a half dozen or so spools of wire run through this thing.
Jeff
77 Spider
68 Barracuda
81 Scirocco

Nash Bap <nashbap@domain.elided> wrote:
Hello:

I'd like to try my hand at welding stuff such as Alfa sheet metal and exhaust and am considering purchasing a wire welder. Needless to say there is a lot of stuff on the market and I am quite confused. 110V or 220V? Amperage range? What gauge thickness is typical Alfa sheet metal? While MIG will probably be cleaner will a flux cored wire be able to do the job? Any brand recommendations? Lincoln, Campbell Hausfeld, Harbor Freight? Anyone familiar with the Henrob 2000 as sold thru Eastwood?

Thank you in advance.

Nash Bapasola