Re: [alfa] Need advise on welding equipment

Nash Bap <nashbap@domain.elided> wrote:Hello:

I'd like to try my hand at welding stuff such as Alfa sheet metal and exhaust and am considering purchasing a wire welder. Needless to say there is a lot of stuff on the market and I am quite confused. 110V or 220V? Amperage range? What gauge thickness is typical Alfa sheet metal? While MIG will probably be cleaner will a flux cored wire be able to do the job? Any brand recommendations? Lincoln, Campbell Hausfeld, Harbor Freight? Anyone familiar with the Henrob 2000 as sold thru Eastwood?

Thank you in advance.

Nash Bapasola

"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever
remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
Sherlock Holmes