[alfa] Centerline Electronic Distributorn Timing

One of these came on the 69 Berlina I purchased about 4-5 years ago but without any documentation. I was setting the timing this weekend and noticed that the only way to get maximum advance required setting the idle timing ahead of the factory spec. Since the car runs much better this way I assume its correct but I'm wondering if this was specified in the original docs or if my distributor has lost some of its advance.

I also don't know if this is a high energy ignition or just pointless so I don't know if I should be using a wider spark gap or not. That may be why the car runs better with Lodge plugs where I don't need to set the gap.

Mitch Wolberg,
Denver, CO
69 Berlina
69 Spider jr.

PS: I tried to fire off this question to Centerline but there web based email isn't working and I don't have a direct email address. So if anyone from Centerline is reading this they may want to check it out.